Unlock Your Vehicle’s Capabilities With This Guide to Using a Netbook as a Car Computer
Using a netbook as a car computer is a great way to make travelling easier and enjoyable. With the many designs, features, and portability of netbooks, it is easy to set it up as a car computer. Here are the steps on how to use a netbook as a car computer:
1. Buy the netbook of your choice from any online or traditional store. When purchasing your netbook, consider its RAM capability and processor speed. This is important if you plan on using it to store music.
2. Purchase and install a car mount. You can easily find one online, or acquire it at a nearby store. Just make sure to follow the instructions on the user guide for proper installation.
3. Connect a DC power adapter. All you need to do is locate the plug for the adapter and make sure it’s connected before turning it on.
4. Link your netbook with the car stereo. To make this connection, use the 3.5mm auxiliary cable which is the standard size for this purpose. Connect the AUX plug found in the car stereo receiver with the netbook.
5. To be able to make use of the GPS software, download and install one on your netbook. There are many programs available online such as Microsoft Streets and Trips.
6. Test the setup of your netbook by checking if sound and other functionalities are working properly.
Once all the steps have been done, you can now use your netbook as a car computer. However, to ensure your safety, do not operate the netbook while you are driving on the road. Also, be sure to check with local authorities before installing a netbook in your car.
Using a netbook as a car computer allows you to stay connected and enjoy all the functionalities of your netbook even while you are travelling. With the simple steps above, having your own car computer equipped with GPS and other features is now easy and convenient.