Try These 5 Clever Ideas for Holiday Baking Without an Oven!
Ovens are essential kitchen appliances and they’re great for cooking hearty meals, but they’re not always suitable for everyone. Whether you’re short of kitchen space, living the tiny home life, or just don’t make use of an oven enough, there’s no shortage of alternatives to an oven. We’ve outlined some of the top alternatives below if you’re looking for an oven alternative.
1. Air Fryer – Air fryers are a great way to experience all your favorite fried foods without the mess, calories and oil that you’d get from traditional deep-fried dishes. Air fryers are versatile too, as some models come with functions that allow them to bake as well as air fry. Their small size and affordability makes them an ideal choice for people looking for a space-saving alternative to an oven.
2. Toaster Oven – This tiny version of a traditional oven quickly became a staple of every small kitchen. Toaster ovens come in small sizes and larger versions, making them ideal for people living in tight spaces. The advantage of toaster ovens is that they’re compact and energy-efficient, and they often come with added features like air frying.
3. Slow Cooker – For people on the go who still want to enjoy a delicious home-cooked meal, slow cookers can’t be beaten. The slow-cooking process allows you to cook meals over a long period of time, and you can find thousands of recipes online to adapt your favorite meals for the slow cooker.
4. Dutch Oven – Whether you’re cooking by the fire while camping, or making a tasty meal in your backyard, a dutch oven is a great way to experience classic campfire cooking at home. Dutch ovens can work similarly to regular ovens for a variety of dishes like roasts and desserts. They can be an investment, but prices range from fairly affordable to expensive, so you can choose the one that fits your needs.
5. Grill – BBQs go beyond burgers, and with a traditional or electric grill, you can enjoy a variety of dishes from juicy steaks to toasted vegetables. Grills are a popular choice in the summer as they heat up the outdoors so you don’t have to turn up the heat indoors. Grills come in all price ranges with different features and they’re a great way to enjoy a meal, no matter the season.
So whether you’re looking for an affordable, space-saving oven alternative, or a way to recreate the classic camping experience in your backyard, there’s an alternative to an oven that will fit your needs and budget. From toaster ovens and slow cookers to air fryers and dutch ovens, there’s no wrong route when it comes to browsing oven alternatives. So ditch the oven and explore the endless possibilities that come from getting creative with your cooking.