Create a Cozy and Welcoming Home: 10 Must-See Home Improvement Ideas
Your home should be more than just a place you lay your head – it should be a comfortable place where you can truly relax and rejuvenate after a long day. Whether it’s wintertime and you need a bit of extra warmth, or summertime and you’re looking to cool down a bit more, there are a few projects you can tackle that can make a world of difference to the overall comfort of your home.
1. Add a Bed Canopy: Want to feel like a royal every time you climb into bed? That’s easy with a DIY bed canopy. All you need to create this is an embroidery hoop, several sheer curtains, ribbon, and a hook to install on the ceiling. Just like that, you’ll feel absolutely regal and pampered when you get into bed.
2. Create Comfy Pillows from Old Sweaters: Everyone has some old sweaters they don’t wear anymore in their closet. Why not use those to make comfy pillows that you’ll use on a daily basis? You don’t need much besides an old sweater, filling or a pillow form, and scissors to get this job done. You don’t even need to be an expert in the sewing department! For all the details on this project, check out this tutorial.
3. Add a Floating Nightstand: It’s nice to have a place to put all of your must-have items when you sleep. From your phone to a cup of water to a handy lamp, having these items within your reach makes bedtime that much better. Create your own floating nightstand to facilitate these items being at your beck and call. Some wood boards, wood glue, and a few basic tools can get this job done. Read all of the steps towards the creation of this unique piece of furniture here.
4. Declutter Your Home: It’s amazing how freeing it can feel to purge your home of unnecessary clutter. Make it a weekend project to declutter each room of your home in order to make it more comfortable. With each room you knock out, you’ll breathe easier and feel lighter in the space.
5. Organize Your Pantry: Comfort comes with being able to find the things you need easily. Start by organizing your pantry to quickly and seamlessly locate everything you need to whip up your favorite dishes. This part of your home can easily become chaotic, so taking even a little while to straighten it up can make a world of difference.
6. Add a Luxury Shower Head: A warm shower can do a lot to clear your mind or turn a bad day around. Allow yourself to relax even further as you bathe by changing out your shower head for a more luxurious option. From rain shower heads to those with different water pressure settings, there are so many different options out there to choose from.
7. Rent a Carpet Cleaner: Everyone wants to step on plush and clean carpets when they walk around their home. If yours are getting a bit dingy, it may be time to rent a carpet cleaner from your local hardware store. A simple cleaning can revamp this aspect of your flooring and make it feel like new again!
8. Swap Out Lightbulbs: Something as simple as swapping out your lightbulbs can completely alter the ambiance of your home – in a good way! Go from harsh white bulbs to calming yellow lighting to make your living space that much more zen.
9. Paint Your Walls: A calming color palette around your house can make a big difference in improving your mood and ability to fully relax. Consider repainting some of the walls in a soft hue that allows you to easily unwind. You can complement this color palette with furniture and accents within that room, really rounding out the aesthetic!
10. Invest in a Surround Sound System: While this is a larger-scale project that takes a bit more skill to complete, adding a surround sound system makes it possible to play your favorite tunes and have an optimal viewing experience within your home whenever you want. While surround sound systems can be a bit pricey, it’s a sound investment to ensure you can fully enjoy your living space.
As you can see, a comfortable and cozy home is only a few simple DIY projects away! With a little bit of effort and imagination, you can make your home a more comfortable oasis that you’ll look forward to coming home to every day. Feel like you’re living in the lap of luxury with projects like adding a bed canopy, creating comfy pillows, floating a nightstand, decluttering your home, organizing the pantry, installing a luxury shower head, renting a carpet cleaner, swapping out your lightbulbs, creating a calming color palette and investing in a surround sound system. Each of these projects can, in its own way, contribute to an all-around more comfortable home. Best of luck with your projects and transforming your home into your own personal oasis!