13 DIY Ideas to Transform Your Home with Just 1 Trip to the Hardware Store
One quick, easy, and affordable way to upgrade your home is to take a trip to the hardware store. With a bit of DIY know-how and a few supplies, you can create stylish and functional pieces that will instantly elevate your space. From crown molding to copper ladders, here are 13 projects you can make after just one trip to the hardware store.
1. Crown Molding: Crown molding has the power to take any room from plain to sophisticated. Installing crown molding isn’t as difficult as it looks, and the results will be worth it.
2. Thrifted Mirror Makeover: Add a bit of glam to a basic mirror with some rose gold paint and painter’s tape. This small project will make a big impact, and cost much less than buying a new mirror.
3. Canvas Tool Bag: For tools, supplies, and whatever else you need to tote around, get a canvas tool bag. After painting and stenciling it to fit your style, you’ll have a unique and useful item.
4. Upcycled “Nightstand”: Showcase your favorite items in style with an upcycled nightstand. Grab any small piece of furniture, and customize it to fit your needs and aesthetic.
5. Picture Ledge: Do you love collecting trinkets and souvenirs from your travels? Put them on display with the help of a picture ledge. This simple DIY project is easy to make and looks great.
6. Peel and Stick Backsplash: Want to give your kitchen an upgrade without spending a fortune? Try a peel and stick backsplash. There’s minimal installation and no commitment if/when you’re ready to move.
7. Copper Ladder: Create a piece that is chic and industrial with a few tubes of copper pipe. This is a great project for someone with some basic tool knowledge.
8. Wooden Shelves: Transform the look of your pantry with the addition of wooden shelves. To create your own custom look, use paint and stencils.
9. Succulent Wall: Adding plants to a living space is a great way to make a home feel cozy. Hang up your own succulent wall with shiplap, 2×2 pots, and some clips.
10. Entryway Organizer: If you have a habit of bringing in flyers, mail, and other paraphernalia, make a handy entryway organizer. All you need is some scrap wood, hooks, and anchors.
11. Plant Hook: Plant hooks are a great way to hang up plants or decor in any room. Get creative and attach them to a pretty piece of wood or some driftwood.
12. Pencil Drawer: Making your own pencil drawer is a great way to get organized and get creative. Drill some holes into a piece of wood and attach a lazy Susan to the bottom of it.
13. Chalkboard Wall Calendar: Perfect for busy households, a chalkboard wall calendar is worth the effort. Once it’s installed, your whole family will know exactly what’s on the schedule.
You don’t need to invest too much time or money into DIY projects. A quick trip to the hardware store and a few hours of work can make a big difference in your home. From crown molding to copper ladders, these 13 projects are easy and affordable to make.